Discover how simple it is to introduce our superfoods and snacks into your favourite meals.
We’ve selected some sweet and savoury feel-good recipes that we think you’ll love!
Now its your turn to give them a try and share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us @NaturesHeartUK.
FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Rainbow Berry Protein Crumble Bars
Feeds 16 | Preparation time 25-30 mins
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and line a square 8 X 8” baking tin with greaseproof paper and a little spray coconut oil, allowing some paper overhang so the bake can be lifted out easily later.
- Prepare the base. Put the nuts in a blender or food processor and blitz to form a nutty crumb. Add the remaining ingredients; oats, chia or flaxseed, protein powder, applesauce, vanilla, sweetener of choice and salt and blend to form a dough.
- Tip the base mixture into the pre-prepared tin. Using a spatula, level the dough and press down to form a biscuit oat base.
- Bake in the oven at 175°C (350°F) for 10-12 mins until the biscuit base is slightly golden.
- Prepare the middle layer. Gently coat the berries in lemon juice and ground chia seeds. Tip onto the part-cooked base and gently press down.
- Make the crumble layer. Combine all the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle on top of the berry layer. Gently press down to ensure it sticks.
- Bake for a further 15 mins in the oven until slightly golden. Allow to cool in the tin for 30 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully. Slice up into bars. Enjoy!
- 120g mixed nuts of choice (I used 30g each of raw hazelnuts, almonds, cashews and walnuts).
- 150g instant oats (gluten-free if required)
- 30g chia or ground flaxseed
- 20g protein powder (pea or soya bean, if using. You can substitute for more oats if not)
- 130g unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 40ml sweetener of choice. Vegan: maple syrup or brown rice syrup or date syrup or non-vegan: honey.
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 90g fresh raspberries
- 90g fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice and ½ tsp. ground chia seeds to coat the berries in (to minimise leakage of juices)
- 40g instant oats (gluten-free if required)
- 80g mixed nuts and seeds. I used:
- 25g pistachios,
- 25g walnuts, both roughly chopped,
- 30g pumpkins seeds
- 1 tsp. flaxseed (chia seed may be used too)
- 15g (11/2 tbsp.) goji berries
- 65ml almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Zest of 1 large lemon