FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies
Feeds 9 | Preparation time minutes plus cooling
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking dish (8-inch square or equivalent).
- In a mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas, plant-based milk, 60g coconut sugar, nut butter, ground chia seeds and vanilla. Whisk to a smooth paste.
- Pour in the ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and stir to a thick batter. Add 50g of the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Spoon into the baking dish and smooth over the top. Slice the firm banana in half and then in half widthways to make 4 halves. Press each one into the top. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden around the edges, firm to touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, remove from the tin and cool fully.
- Drizzle with extra melted chocolate and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed (250g)
1 firm banana
60ml plant-based milk
60g + 1 tsp coconut sugar
90g smooth cashew or almond butter
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g ground almonds
120g oat flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
70g chocolate chips or chunks
To serve: extra melted chocolate, flaky salt