FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Protein Chia Parfait
Feeds 2 | Preparation time 25-30 minutes
What to do:
- In a bowl, mix together the chia seeds, milk, yoghurt, protein powder (if using), vanilla extract and sweetener. Make sure that no clumps of chia seeds remain. Set aside in the refrigerator for 2 hrs plus; I often leave mine overnight.
- When you are ready to assemble your parfaits, prepare your mango and apple by dicing it into small cubes.
- With the back of a fork or a blender, mash or blend up a large handful of blueberries and then stir in about 6 tablespoons of the soaked chia pudding until the purple colour is evenly distributed.
- Now it’s time to layer up with layers and toppings of choice! I alternate with a layer of chia pudding, diced green apple cubes, granola, blueberry chia, mango cubes and finish off with crunchy granola, fresh berries, dried goldenberries and some pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
50g chia seeds
380ml milk of choice (400ml if you like your chia pudding more runny)
2 tbsp. yoghurt (plant based if preferred)
2 tbsp. protein powder of choice (I love pea and soya bean protein varieties). If not using. Just use 50ml less milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tsp. maple syrup or sweetener of choice, to taste
For the layers:
- Mango, cut into little cubes (approx. ¼ a mango or defrosted mango)
- For the blueberry layer: a large handful of blueberries, to be mixed up with some of the chia pudding mixture)
- 1 small apple, cut into little cubes
- 6 tablespoons of granola (this can be shop-bought or home-made)
Fresh berries (I love fresh raspberries and blueberries), dried goldenberries and pumpkin seeds.