FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Blueberry and Almond Muffins
Feeds 12 | Preparation time 35 minutes plus cooling
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180C and line a muffin tray with 12 cases. Make the crumble topping by stirring together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the plant-based milk and lemon juice and leave for 5 minutes to curdle. Now add in the coconut sugar, sunflower oil and vanilla essence and whisk again.
- Sift in the plain flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and pour in the ground almonds. Whisk to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the blueberries and the chopped Blueberry Almond and Goji mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a couple of large tablespoons to divide the batter between the 12 cases, filling almost to the top.
- Sprinkle over the crumble topping and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool fully and then stir together the icing sugar and 1-2 tsp water and drizzle over the muffins. Sprinkle over some extra Blueberry Almond and Goji Mix. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
240ml plant-based milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
90g coconut sugar
80ml/70g sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
210g plain or GF plain flour
50g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
200g blueberries, fresh or frozen
50g Blueberry Almond and Goji Mix, chopped
- 30g flaked almonds
- 20g oats
- 20g coconut sugar
- 25g vegan butter, melted
Optional icing drizzle:
- 50g icing sugar
- Extra Blueberry Almond and Goji Mix