Discover how simple it is to introduce our superfoods and snacks into your favourite meals.
We’ve selected some sweet and savoury feel-good recipes that we think you’ll love!
Now its your turn to give them a try and share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us @NaturesHeartUK.
FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Chocolate Banana Easter Speckle Cake
Feeds 8 | Preparation time 60 minutes
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180ºC and grease and line two 6-inch cake tins with parchment paper.
2. Mash the banana well. Stir together the milk and apple cider vinegar and leave for 5 minutes to curdle.
3. To a large mixing bowl: add the mashed banana, milk-vinegar mix, oil, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to a smooth mixture and sift in the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add a pinch of salt and whisk to a smooth, thick batter.
4. To bake: divide equally between the two tins and smooth over the tops. Place in the middle of the oven for 28 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then carefully lift out the tins to cool fully on a wire rack.
5. For the buttercream: add the softened butter to a freestanding mixer bowl and beat for 1 minute, till fluffy. Now gradually add in the icing sugar, milk, vanilla and blue spirula powder to reach your desired colour. Once fully incorporated continue to beat on high for 1-2 minutes, until really fluffy.
6. To assemble the cake: slice the tops off if they have domed. Place one cake on a serving plate and cover with 1/3 of the buttercream. Sprinkle over some smashed mini eggs, if desired. Top with the second cake and then cover the tops and sides with buttercream. Smooth the edges and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
7. For the speckle effect: stir together the cacao powder and vanilla till smooth and gradually add 1-2 tsp water, or as needed, to reach a consistency that will flick off a spoon.
8. To decorate: remove the cake from the fridge and use a spoon to flick the chocolate speckle mix over the cake. Top with smashed easter eggs, more mini eggs and the dark chocolate bananas.
9. To enjoy: slice and serve straight away or keep in a sealed container for 2-3 days in the fridge. You can freeze the cake for 1 month and allow to defrost before frosting.
Recipe by: @nourishing.amy
For the Cake:
3 large ripe bananas (300g)
120ml plant-based milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
120ml light olive oil
70g coconut sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
150g plain flour
40g cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
For the Frosting:
75g vegan butter, softened
225g icing sugar
2 tbsp plant-based milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4-1/2 tsp blue spirulina powder (or vegan blue food gel)
1 tsp cacao powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 pouch dark chocolate bananas
1 dairy-free easter egg, smashed
dairy free chocolate mini eggs, some smashed