Discover how simple it is to introduce our superfoods and snacks into your favourite meals.
We’ve selected some sweet and savoury feel-good recipes that we think you’ll love!
Now its your turn to give them a try and share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us @NaturesHeartUK.
FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Star Bread
Feeds 10 | Preparation time 75 minutes
What to do:
1. Prepare the milk mix: warm together the milk and butter until just melted and lukewarm. Stir in the olive oil and sugar and sprinkle over the yeast. Leave for 5 minutes to bloom.
2. For the dough: in a large bowl stir together the flour(s), cinnamon and salt. Pour in the yeast-milk and bring to a shaggy dough with a spoon. Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 1 minute with your hands to make a smooth ball of dough. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm for 30 minutes, to rise. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 160Fan/180ºC.
3. For the filling: whisk together all the ingredients until smooth (you can microwave the mix for 10 seconds, if needed, to make it smoother to combine).
4. For the dough: tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 equal pieces and roll each one to a circle about 30-cm diameter.
5. For the star: lay one circle of dough onto a piece of parchment, on top of a baking sheet/tray. Spread the circle with 1/3 of the filling all the way to the edges and top with the second piece of dough. Repeat with more filling, another circle of dough, the final filling and top with the 4th circle of dough. Press down lightly. Place a small circle lid or cup (about 7-cm diameter) in the middle of the stacked dough and use a knife to cut from the outside in towards this circle, dividing the dough into 16 equal strips. Now, take two pieces of the star bread, twist them away from each other twice and pinch the edges together. Repeat to make all 8 star points.
6. To bake: brush the pastry all over with the 1 tbsp plant-based milk and place in the middle of the oven for 22-25 minutes, until well-risen, golden and springy.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes.
8. To serve: dust with icing sugar and add some sugared cranberries.
9. Best enjoyed the within 1-2 days but will keep for 3-4 days in a sealed container at room temperature. You can freeze the bread, wrapped well, for 1 month and allow to defrost before eating.
Recipe by: @nourishing.amy
For the Dough:
240ml plant-based milk, plus 1 tbsp extra
30g vegan butter, cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 1/4 tsp (7g) fast action yeast
350g plain flour (or 175g plain white and 175g strong white bread flour), plus extra
1 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt
For the Filling:
100g vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 orange, zested