Discover how simple it is to introduce our superfoods and snacks into your favourite meals.
We’ve selected some sweet and savoury feel-good recipes that we think you’ll love!
Now its your turn to give them a try and share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us @NaturesHeartUK.
FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Creamy Pesto and Tomato Gnocchi
Feeds 3 | Preparation time 30 minutes
What to do:
Recipe by: @nourishing.amy
1. Cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions and then drain, saving 120ml of the cooking water. Leave the gnocchi in a bowl.
2. For the frying pan: add the oil and once hot, fry off the onion and garlic with some salt for 5minutes, until softening. Add the mixed herbs, chilli flakes and the tomatoes, stir well and cook with a lid on for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are sticky and soft.
3. Into the pan: add in the pesto, coconut milk, gnocchi and reserved cooking water and stir well. Bring to a bubble and reduce the heat down before adding in the kale, fresh basil and some seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes, with a lid on, until the kale is wilted and everything is saucy.
4. Just before serving, stir through the lemon juice.
5. Spoon the gnocchi into bowls and serve with the pumpkin seeds, swirls of coconut yogurt, extra basil and pesto.
6. Best enjoyed straight away although you can reheat the next day. Keep the gnocchi in the fridge overnight in a sealed container, adding a splash more water when re-heating.
For the Gnocchi:
500g gnocchi (uncooked weight)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, small diced
3 large garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp each: dried oregano and dried basil
Pinch of chilli flakes
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
80g vegan pesto
200ml light coconut milk
A few sprigs of fresh basil, torn
50g kale, chopped small
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds