Discover how simple it is to introduce our superfoods and snacks into your favourite meals.
We’ve selected some sweet and savoury feel-good recipes that we think you’ll love!
Now its your turn to give them a try and share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us @NaturesHeartUK.
FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Tomato Pesto Galette
Feeds 4 | Preparation time 70 minutes
What to do:
1. Make the pesto: roast the pumpkin seeds on a tray for 10 minutes at 160Fan/180ºC, turning halfway through. Allow them to cool fully. Now add to a small blender with the rest of the pesto ingredients and blitz till smooth and creamy. We will use 70g for the galette and the rest of the pesto can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
2. Prepare for the galette: pre-heat the oven to 180Fan/200ºC and line a work surface with a sheet of parchment to fit the galette. Remove the pastry from the fridge and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Crush the Sour Cream and Chive Crunch to a fine crumb. Slice the tomatoes and pat away some of the moisture.
3. To make the galette: un-roll the pastry onto the parchment and orientate so you have the shorter edge towards you. Spread the centre with an even layer of cream cheese, leaving a 2-cm border around the edge. Now spoon over the pesto and smear together. Place the tomato slices in a ring all over the pesto, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle over the torn basil.
4. To shape the pastry: start at the top and gently fold the pastry over the filling and continue all the way around the edges, folding and pressing down lightly.
5. For the olive oil wash, stir together the olive oil and tamari and brush over the edges of the pastry. Sprinkle the crushed Sour Cream and Chive Crunch over the edges and transfer to a large baking tray.
6. To bake: place in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes, turning around even 20 minutes and covering with foil if it is darkening too quickly.
7. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then serve with salad, potatoes or other desired accompaniments.
8. You can also enjoy the galette cold over the next 2-3 days, keep it covered in the fridge.
Recipe by: @nourishing.amy
For the Pumpkin Seed Pesto
80g pumpkin seeds
2 pre-roasted garlic cloves or 1 raw garlic clove
30g fresh basil
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp water
salt and pepper
For the Galette
1 sheet pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
80g vegan cream cheese
70g pesto, as made above
3 large beef tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-cm rounds
1 tbsp fresh basil, torn
2 tbsp Sour Cream and Chive Crunch, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
salad, roasted potatoes, new potatoes etc.