FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Roasted Broccoli, Pea, and Quinoa Bowl
Feeds 2 | Preparation time 40 minutes
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 Fan/180ºC and line a large tray with parchment paper.
2. Slice the very end of the broccoli stalk off, only if needed. Chop the stem into small chunks and then chop the rest of the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Add to the tray with the garlic cloves and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well then bake for 20-25 minutes, until softening and turning crispy. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions and leave to one side.
3. Add all the stems of the broccoli to a small blender or food processor along with 1/3 of the florets (save the rest for the bowls). To the blender also add the garlic cloves, 100g peas, fresh basil, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and sunflower seeds. Start to blend, adding 2-3 tbsp water as needed for a smooth but chunky mix. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. To serve: spread 3 tbsp of the roasted broccoli and pea dip into each of 2-3 bowls (you may have extra) and follow with the quinoa, roasted broccoli, peas, red cabbage, orange slices, fresh basil and pomegranate. Sprinkle over the Chilli and Lemon Crunch and serve as it is or toss together.
5. Alternatively, to enjoy this warm: add the quinoa, broccoli peas, cabbage and the green dip to a frying pan and warm gently, stirring often. Serve warm with the orange slices, pomegranate and Chilli and Lemon Crunch on top. Garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe by @nourishing.amy
1 head broccoli
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
2 handfuls fresh basil
100g peas, thawed
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50g sunflower seeds
2-3 tbsp water, as needed
salt and pepper
100g peas, thawed
100g red cabbage, shredded
1 orange, peeled and sliced
2-3 tbsp pomegranate
1 bag Chilli and Lemon Crunch
Optional extras: spinach or rocket, to serve