FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Sweet Chilli Sprout Cabbage Slaw
Feeds 4 | Preparation time 25 minutes
What to do:
- To prepare: cook the rice, thaw the edamame beans and chop all the vegetables.
- For the dressing: stir together all the ingredients.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and add 2 tbsp of the dressing and a pinch of salt. Massage with your hands for 30 seconds, to remove the bitterness and soften the leaves.
- Now stir in all of the other salad ingredients (apart from the Crunch), pour over the rest of the dressing and toss well.
- To serve: divide between 3-4 bowls and top with the Sweet Chilli Crunch and enjoy.
- To store: keep the salad for 2-3 days in a sealed container in the fridge. You can add a squeeze of lime juice just before serving to freshen it up.
Recipe by @nourishing.amy
100g wild rice (or quinoa)
100g edamame beans, thawed if frozen
40g white cabbage, shredded
40g red cabbage, shredded
1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
60g Brussel sprouts (trimmed weight), shredded
80g dinosaur kale (de-stemmed weight), chopped
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 avocado, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp fresh chopped mint/coriander
60g Sweet Chilli Crunch
2 tbsp lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
2 tbsp rice mirin or vinegar
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
1 large spring onion, sliced