FILTER BY RECIPE TYPE
Roasted aubergine and buckwheat salad
Feeds 2 | Preparation time mins
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180Fan/200*C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Slice the aubergine half lengthways and score the flesh. Arrange on one tray, face up and rub with the zhoug paste and 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Toss the drained chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, the arrowroot powder, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper. Roast on the second tray for 20-30 minutes until crispy, turning over halfway through.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, add a pinch of salt and black pepper and roast on the tray for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the buckwheat according to packet instructions, drain and leave to one side. Stir through the sliced spring onion, fresh parsley, goldenberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve the roasted aubergines on top of the buckwheat salad and top with roasted crunchy chickpeas, the tomatoes, pomegranate yoghurt and some extra goldenberries and seeds.
2 medium aubergines
2 tbsp zhoug paste
1 tin chickpeas, drained.
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp ground cumin
12 cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions, sliced.
Chopped fresh parsley.
100g dried goldenberries
40g pumpkin seeds
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp pomegranate arils
4 tbsp coconut or almond yoghurt